VNsea - I only get a grey screen on my iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Application Compatibility' started by felixen, Feb 26, 2008.

1. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I followed two videos on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R4LbbsihVs this was one of them.

I did exactly what he did, but on my iPod I get a grey screen with a lot of black bars crossing over it. I can still control the mouse on my computer, but it is MAD slow and laggy. What should I do? I'm using realVNC, but I also tried VNC Ultra or something like that, and it gave me the same problem
  2. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Come on, I really wanna get this to work

EDIT: I also tried this on my Vista laptop. Followed the guide and all, but when I point my mouse at the real vnc icon in the bar at the bottom of my screen it says "Not accepting connections". I tried typing the IP into ipod anayway, but it wont connect. So why does it say that its not accepting connections? I also tried using Ultra VNC on my Vista laptop, but my iPod wouldnt connect. What should I do?
  3. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  4. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Is it because it doesn't work with 1.1.3?
  5. tootricky

tootricky New Member

unblock port 5900 on your firewall.
  6. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I tried turning off my firewall completely so I don't think that is it. Or is it maybe because there is a built-in firewall in routers? If so, will I have to go to my router settings (I have a wireless linksys) to do what you said to do?
  7. XyracX

XyracX New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Same Problem here...i see only a blue screen ( thats my background ) and alot of black and grey lines.But i dont see any icons or something.Touchpad is working very well but VNsea not.
  8. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Those of you who got it working as it should, how fast does the mouse move? Is it a bit laggy or is it as smooth as moving it with your PC's mouse?
  9. blueshead

blueshead New Member

it;s working fine here vnc,ing into my mac....... lag yes..about a minute,,and hard to open some apps.. i just make a shortcut on my screen fer the apps i might want. basically when away from home i want to check out my *******s and use ichat to join a grouproom as i have not found an AIM app that can..