VLC App Alternative - for iPhones and iPods too!

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Sawz, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Sawz

Sawz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Just found this on the AppStore.

For only £0.59 this offers a cheap alternative to the VLC app that is iPad only, but for your other idevices too!

Haven't had a chance to try it out, but from the reviews it seems to offer smooth playback and the description shows a lot of supported filetypes.

It's called BUZZ player - http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/buzz-player/id389744738?mt=8&uo=4
  2. itouchfano1

itouchfano1 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    looks promising i think its only for gb (UK) appstore
  3. link07

link07 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    no it's for us to u just have to click on the link and it opens in your country's view

it's $.99 in us!
  4. mrsmash

mrsmash New Member

With ipod touch 2g download but is impossible to install? Why?
    In describe not see incompatible with this device...

Do I change some plist? (sigh!)
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ok i find problem, seem that ipod touch 2g work only quicktime plugin and not external plugin [corevideo]...sigh! [same problem with oplayer or yxplayer.
    Why this? is there any way to enable these features and depends only on the hardware?

Thanksssss!!!
  5. It depends solely on the iPod's hardware. Divx and Xvid have to be decoded via software rendering, because Apple does not allow 3rd party developers accessing the graphics chip which normally decodes MP4 and h.264 videos. Therefore you need at least a 3rd gen device (ipod Touch 3G or iPhone 3GS) to decode Divx or Xvid videos - the CPU of the iTouch 2G is simply not powerful enough.

Nevertheless: For those with sufficient hardware I strongly recommend Oplayer - it not only enables you to watch Divx and Xvid encoded avi-files on your iTouch, it also supports srt-subtitles and multiple audio streams! Playback on my iTouch 3G (64GB) works like a charm: No problems with dropping framerates, choppy sound or whatsoever - best media player on the Appstore so far!