Visual Boy Advance(emulator for PC) converted to gpSPhone(emulator for Ipod touch)

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by EliYarborough, Dec 14, 2009.

1. EliYarborough

EliYarborough New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have a game of Pokemon Emerald saved on my Ipod Touch. I have completed a good bit of the game and now would like to be able to complete my Pokedex. I obviously cannot do that though considering it is impossible to trade using gpSPhone. But, I did come across an interesting article explaining how you could use an application on your computer named ifunbox to get your roms from your Ipod to your computer. It then instructed me to download VBA(Visual Boy Advance) to play the games on my computer. Because from this application I could play my Ipod Touch gpSPhone saves on VBA and trade to evolve and get certain pokemon. I successfully traded with myself and saved the game using the in-game save, not saving it through the menu/file menu. I then tried to re-enter the save/ROM into my Ipod using both SSH(winscp) and the ifunbox(though I am not sure I worked either correctly). I was unable to do so. Any Help?

I believe that the problem is that gpSPhone uses a certain type of sav. svs. sa1. sg1. or some other save state, that I am not converting it to. If anyone has step by step instruction, or knows an article or video to help me, I REALLY NEED IT!

Also, if any of you could help me interpret this article(the one listed above).
    HERE.
  2. Communati0n

Communati0n New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    that article is useless.

just put ur sav into the pc, use it woth vba and then trade/hack to get what you want, after that, save internally, and put sav back on to ipod. may not work 100% so have a backup of your save.