Vista Perfection 2.0 Help!

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by SMW22792, May 29, 2008.

1. SMW22792

SMW22792 New Member

I'm trying to rearrange the icons like the picture below, but when I align them all up, they still go back to normal. (one after the other.) Can someone who has done this please help me out. Here's the guide I followed:

1. First Download VistaPerfection.

2. Then Extract The VistaPerfection2.0.zip

3.You Are Going To SSH Your Phone, If You Dont Know How To Do That, Look Around The Forum Or Download And Use iPhoneList.
    Download iPhone List HERE. Open The Newly Extracted Folder Called VistaPerfection 2.0. You Will Find 6 Folders. Drag The Folder Called VistaPerfection 2.0 To var/mobile/Library/Summerboard/Themes
    When You're Done, Open Your SMBPrefs application (Summerboard), Press Themes And Press On The Newly Added VistaPerfection 2.0 Theme and Press Your Home Button.

3. Then Scroll Over To Installer And Download The Categories Application.

4. After You Download The Categories App, You Are Going To SSH Your Phone, If You Dont Know How To Do That, Look Around The Forum Or Download And Use iPhoneList.
    Download iPhone List HERE

5. Then You Are Going To Open The VistaPerfection.zip And Notice That Theres A Folder Called "Categories Icons". Open That Folder And Import All Files To Applications/Categories/Icons. Incase You didnt Notice, Those Are Your Categories Icons.

6. Open Up Categories, And Add 6 Categories, Computer,Recycle,Documents,ControlPanel,Pictures And Games. Make Sure You Add The Corresponding Icons Per Category. DO NOT ADD ANY APPLICATIONS IN ANY CATEGORY YET!!

7. After You Made All 6 Categories, They All Should Be Empty.

8. Now Go To Your Home Screen And Make Sure You Line Up All The Category Icons And Sidebar Icons

9. After You're Done Lining Up The Icons Like The Picture Below Go To The Categories App. And Start Adding Apps Into The Categories You Just Made. For Example (Poof Applications Goes In The Recycling Bin Category)

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. As You Can See In The Picture below.. You Want To Make Sure You Add All The Icons In the Blue In A Category So They Can Disapear From Your Home Screen But Also Keeping Your Categories And Sidebar In Place And Untouched.

2. bob vansteel

bob vansteel Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  3. ebl4287

ebl4287 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)

Oh Yeah....VistaPerfection Is on installer and is a easy process to install....VistaMaxish*t isnt.

i read your wonderful comments on engadget....read the response. lol
  4. qaz333

qaz333 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    why bother, vista look sh*t anyway, youll switch after a wek
  5. w0mbat

w0mbat New Member

Anyone know how to set the wifi icon in the status bar back to the default one? Will a program like customise do this?

I can't unistall vistaperfection to set it back as the initial install hung and the backup it makes doesnt have the original icons

6. pantherzfinest

pantherzfinest New Member

i have v2.04. but the boot image is still the same. how can i change it?
  7. tbay2010

tbay2010 New Member

why the hell would you want to put a vista view on your ipod touch in the first place. Its like somebody going out and buying a Ford F-250 "King Ranch" truck (king ranch is a very very nice leather brand by the way, and having the way more expensive king ranch edition makes the interior a lot nicer.) and then taking out the king ranch leather seats and putting in cloth seats with white trash seat covers on them