vista no longer reads ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DeSean Jackson, Sep 29, 2009.

1. DeSean Jackson

DeSean Jackson New Member

before i was able tou move music back and forth through usb cable using a program called copytrans manager. i have the same program on an xp computer but for some reason my vista laptop has stopped reading it. it says access denied or some other stuff. disk aid won't read it and ifunbox is the same. the only way it can connect is through itunes which is slow and horrible or ssh winsp (or something like that) which is unreasonably slow. anyone know why my vista laptop stopped reading my ipod all of the sudden? again, the same copytrans program is on an xp computer i use to print essays and it works fine on there.

i've already put an order in for windows 7
  2. Sickfee49

Sickfee49 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    idk what the issue is that you are having, mine works fine! maybe its just a reg. error or err402 or something... good luck on 7
  3. pwnah

pwnah New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Try turning UAC off.

Re-install the programme.
  4. Retro349

Retro349 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Did you update iTunes recently? Some of the recent updates play with the way iTunes uses USB, resulting in all applications trying the old method being blocked off.
  5. DeSean Jackson

DeSean Jackson New Member

i deleted it a long time ago...from my laptop and the computer. for some reason it stopped working on my laptop
  6. Linda_On

Linda_On Banned

Hey all. I was just wondering if there is an app that is like a limewire equivalent for the iPod touch and iPhone. If there is is it possible to do like the iTunes app and put the music right into your music library on the iPod?
    runtime error 2147024894