Preview Vista Maximus Perfection |:| Remake

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by senneken, Jun 4, 2009.

1. senneken

senneken New Member

Hello all,

Introduction
    Well, I'm kind of a Newbie on this forum (guess my postcount proves that fact), and I'm pretty new with jailbreaking too. I recently (read: two days ago) jailbroke my iPod Touch 2G 2.2.1 and started searching for themes. Cydia gave me some nice results, but I thougt there were much more beautiful themes to find all over the net. So I downloaded a bunch of themes, and learned to work with WinSCP and SSH. There was one theme that was awesome in my humble opinion, and that's Vista Maximus Perfection (VMP) from bob vansteel and Spec-Works. I installed it, but there were some things that were a little less perfect. So I thought i could make a remix of this theme, like I think is better. I have some Photoshop Experience and am a Die-Hard Computerfreak, so it should not be a problem.

Plans
    The first thing I noticed, was the sidebar. It was just a black gradient which was connected to the clock icon, so when you moved it, the sidebar moved too. I decided to make a new Sidebar which stays in the background.
    Screenie:

Please Register or Log in to view images

Second were the icons in the status bar, they were set up in an awesome way but I prefered other icons on my dock, like music and video. So I made versions with these.
    Screenie:

I made some versions of each icon, and chose the one i liked the most. If you guys think another one is better for the release version, please let me know.
    Screenies:

I also changed some mistake in the Notepad app. This has a Word 2007 theme from itsself, but has only one background. In the index, that background didn't fit that well, text went over the bars and stuff. So I remade the index background a little.

EDIT: Big update. Been working hard, and this is the result:

To start small, I edited the Connection logo's. They now look like this:

I also edited the Media Player, because that was a little ugly in my opinion. Completely remade it, with screenshots of my own WMP 11.

I also remade the speakers screen: I added new speaker icons with mute icon too, and a new hud (the box behind the speakers) in Vista style, I also made this all by myself.

Of course, I also wanted to edit the lock screen. I added a new background which I compiled by different screens. The wallpaper is one part, the Account User image is another part, the vista logo is rendered by me, the password box is also from another screen, and last but not least: the slider is now a cursor which slides to the arrow, and when it's on it, your ipod unlocks. So it looks like you klick on the arrow and login. The password box is also animated, it looks like you type a password.

Screen:

That's it for now, I also edited the slide to power off text: it's now 'Shut down Vista'. No screen, because you can't when that slide thing is out.

Future Plans
    I'm going to change more icons so that they fit the theme perfectly, and I will add a new lock screen, change somme apps and stuff like that. If I change something, it will be posted here.

I already did some more updates, but those will come in an edit today or tomorrow. I will update this thread every evening, I guess. Sadly, exams are coming up, so I hope I will have enough time to work on this.

Please give me critics and hints, and remember I'm just a newbie in theming.

PS: please forgive me if there are some mistakes in my post, I'm only sixteen and Dutch (Belgium).

Attached Files:

2. bob vansteel

bob vansteel Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    me and spec-works made it....feel free to do this, but be sure to ask him before you release it anywhere. (he's over at MMi)

Not sure how many people will like it though, vista themes got a bad rep around here a while back, but that might have blown over by now.
  3. senneken

senneken New Member

Ok, I'll put your and his name in the main post anyway, and when the release comes, I'll ask him if it's okay.

Thanx for the credit anyway!

Wheter the crowd likes it or not, I'm editing this theme for myself. But caring as I am, I thougt 'maybe I should share this with the world'.

if there's no-one who likes it, no-one likes it. But I already liked it, and am now editing here and there.

BTW bob Vansteel: are you dutch too, or is it just your name that sounds Dutch?

I must say you guys made an awesome theme, the way the dock is done is just awesome.
  4. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

Wow, thought vista themes died a while ago. Guess not. *sigh*
  5. k.nitsua

k.nitsua Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Who cares if Vista themes have a bad name... You make this theme awesome and people will use it.

I admire your attention to detail and it is definitely well noted.
  6. Chucky102

Chucky102 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    it's actually pretty good!
    What I like the most is the sidebar!
    It's so sharp and clean =)
  7. thecooldude

thecooldude Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Why are you sooo cranky all of a sudden? Ever since you became a moderator... Can't you have any fun while being a moderator.
  8. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    no fun allowed on iptf for vista users.
  9. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Even though Vista themes are not my preference, this looks like it will take some hard work, and it looks like something I wouldn't be able to do. I applaud you for your efforts. Good luck with the remake.
  10. Chucky102

Chucky102 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Exactly! The one thing that bothers me about most themes is the "Notes" skin...it seems to never fit well with most themes.