Vista Build 6002 Not Genuine

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by David., Jul 7, 2010.

1. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well my parents computer has been recently fixd by one of the people at my mom's work. When they got it back it had the:
    Windows Vista (TM)
    Build 6002
    This copy of Windows is not genuine

Now they bought this Sony Vaio laptop a while ago. '05 maybe? And it came preinstalled on it. Is there a way to fix this? They do not want to update to windows 7 and they aren't going to buy a copy of Vista, when it should have already been on here.
  2. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    You can search for windows vista activators. That's really all I can tell you without getting banned because its "stealing" if you didn't buy vista. I'll probably get banned anyways. lol

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Number8

Number8 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    The product key should be on the bottom of the laptop, activate Windows with that, if that doesn't work call Microsoft and tell them the key doesn't work.
  4. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If you have to go that way. Get 7. Don't crack Vista, it isn't worth it.
    edit: I meant buy 7
  5. iPwn

iPwn Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    I legally got Windows 7 Professional for $30 directly from Microsoft, but yeah if you did actually buy the laptop with Vista, then I don't think there is anything wrong with using a crack/activator tool. If MS says that is illegal, then they are crazy. And yeah, the product key should be on a sticker on the side or bottom of the computer. I think it's a law that the sticker must be provided.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Wait Vista should be build 6000, not 6002. He gave you a different copy/edition. Download the Vista ISO from the MS Digital River site, burn it, reinstall Vista, and put the product key on your laptop in.
  6. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Lol, all of this tech talk. If the product key is on the bottom, where do I enter it in at?
  7. kevuk09

kevuk09 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    well the person that has installed vista, might have already put the key in during install, you normally get 30 days to activate and will have to put a genuine key in,i have not used vista for ages so i could be mistaken.
  8. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ok I think the guy messed it up because it says the product key is invalid and I know it's right. I think he might have installed something.
  9. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If they installed a different version of vista (home premium, ultimate etc.) it wont work. Product keys are version specific
  10. Radish

Radish Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Service packs add an extra build. Service pack 1 = 6001, etc.