Vista 64 + new Ipod Touch = problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by zupa1, Feb 10, 2009.

1. zupa1

zupa1 New Member

Wow I have had a bad time trying to get my new ipod touch to work with vista 64

Please Register or Log in to view images

At first it was recognizing as a digital camera, now I can get it to recognize as an ipod but when I look at the ipods driver details I see a bunch of crap but not usbaapl64.sys

I tried dragging usbaapl64.sys into a folder on my desktop and tried to direct vista to this folder but every fking time it says "the best driver software for your device is already installed" then lists "digital still camera"

This is driving me crazy, when I get the ipod to become recognized I load up itunes and says I need 64 bit version, which is what I have installed already!

help please

thanks
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    direct URL to image

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/3443/ffffffffffffffffxk7.jpg
  2. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Nevermind wrong section
  3. zupa1

zupa1 New Member

can someone tell me by looking at the driver details if the correct driver is installed? Anyone elses driver details match mine?
  4. TimmyUK

TimmyUK New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The reason why your touch is registered as a camera more than likely because you have taken a screen shot. It doesn't affect syncing but its a pain the rear nonetheless, as the popups occur everytime you connect the ipod.

You can delete the files from your photo location.

I'm running vista 64bit ultimate and have not seen this problem. Have you authorised your PC in iTunes?
  5. 1YNQMWQVHZ

1YNQMWQVHZ Active Member

Vista + Anything = Problems