Viruses?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SugarBob62, May 3, 2009.

1. SugarBob62

SugarBob62 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I hadn't really thought of this till just now. But can your ipod get a virus much like a computer can from surfing the web?

Like I have virus protection on my computer, but what about ipods? I mean they go to any website, one that might have viruses or spyware or something on it right? Like I've had links from AOL News do the thing to me where you take a poll and the results page opens like 50 times over and over again, till you have to like open task manager and manually close it out..or even log off and back on to get it to stop. Or if you go to a website, the virus protection pops up and says a potentially dangerous virus was blocked or whatever.

So can things like that happen to your ipod? I'm not very computer savvy for things like knowing about operation systems and everything, but I was just thinking since you ARE able to access pretty much anything on the ipod that you can on the computer, via the internet...is it possible?

And I'm talking about strictly non jailbroken ipods.
  2. katking123

katking123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    simple, no i could go into detail why not but somebody will probably explain it for me
  3. skullz2222

skullz2222 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Maybe it is but if you have a jailbroken ipod you can download antivirus or something that protects your ipod.
  4. atomicmufin

atomicmufin Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yes.

lucky for you, only three people in the iphone/ipod touch's history have ever created malware for the iPhone OS.
  5. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

The AV for jaolbroken ipod's is called [PIRACY] security.
  6. Hexane

Hexane New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    you said ulo(s)
    :|
  7. katking123

katking123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i think that has something to do with ur IP address and them tracking your ipod not them messing it up besides u shouldn't be downloading cracked apps anywayz

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. SugarBob62

SugarBob62 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So other than like applications not from the App Store or something?

Like what about just websites in general. Like I said I even have had tons of things popping up from just visiting AOL News sites. So what about when you are on wi-fi on your ipod just going on different sites...can you get a virus like that?
  9. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Yes you can get a virus.

No you won't get one ever.

Unless more people code malware for the ipod and iPhone. Which its been 2 or 3 years since they've been out, so no you won't be getting any virus.
  10. hacker2021

hacker2021 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Really no point in worrying about virus's. On the other hand I could see one arising in the next year due to the simplicity of the iPhone OS.