Virus??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by themes, Jan 1, 2008.

1. themes

themes New Member

I have seem sooo many amazing themes on this forum but i want to know if it is AT ALL possible to get a virus or a malicious file that will ruin your ipod touch. I really dont want to risk it. Also i have jailbroken my ipod touch but when i plug it in itunes asks me if i want to upgade to version 1.1.2 for the touch not itunes if i do update it will it ruin my ipod or undo somthing?. Thanks soo much! Happy new years!
  2. jstlookinground

jstlookinground New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    you still have 1.1.1? if so read about jailbreaking in 1.1.2. i dont know about the virus thing.
  3. linds

linds New Member

It's possible but haven't heard of any cases of such yet. Just be sure to get your apps and mods from reputable places.

For example, don't be so quick to jump on a file that some random person posts on the forum. Wait around to see if it can verified. Be sure to only install repo's that are trusted around the community
  4. themes

themes New Member

But the one i really want is from someone who has just that one post and the other from someone who has 39 also should i undo my jailbreak for 1.1.1 inorder to do it for 1.1.2 and if so how do i un jailbreak it? Thanks sooo much for the amazingly quick response!
  5. jstlookinground

jstlookinground New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
  6. themes

themes New Member

okay i just want to undo all of this. What do i do to just full get my ipod touch back to how it was when i just bought it? Ill just jailbreak it for 1.1.2 once im done.