virtualbox...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by R&S, Apr 22, 2009.

1. R&S

R&S Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    hi.
    i just got a idea, don't flame me if it's silly

Please Register or Log in to view images

i am wondering if it would be posible to run something like virtualbox on the ipod touch/iphone, could be very cool to show your friends a ipod runing windows or linux...

i know the ipods CPU isn't very strong, just around 500 Mhz i think, but i was able to run virtualbox on a pc with around 300 Mhz, the biggest problem i could think of would be that the ipod only got 128 MB of RAM and don't support some kind of swap.

beside from that the program would of course need to be ported to support ARM...
  2. ice_cold_irony

ice_cold_irony New Member

Like so many things, yes, it is a tiny full featured computer in your pocket. BUT, it's going to be a lot of code to port over and drivers to write. Given the right development team, just about anything should be possible.
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Alright, what about the specs of the Operating System itself on top of what VB needs?

Oh my... How is that "Cool"? Show them a game from the App Store that's indie or awesome or something. Now THAT is "Cool".
  4. jigglywiggly

jigglywiggly New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    "If" it ever happened it would be cool to access windows pcs via samba(if we are emulating linux) But you could probably do the same thing with a sftp client. It has no real use sorry D:

However having a full fledeged native linux kernel on the other hand is useful, will be way way faster. I just wish linux for the iphone had a gui and touch support... and networking support

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. matinsa2005

matinsa2005 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    impossible is possible !!!