Virtual Reality Idea

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by psychofish25, Dec 13, 2007.

1. psychofish25

psychofish25 New Member

My friend Chris and I were palying with my iPod Touch at school today and he brought up a really good idea. It was an application that was a virtual 3D world that you could look around in by moving ur ipod as if it is a lens into another world. Like if you're holding up ipod and you turn left, you will to your left in this virtual world. I think it's a cool concept and shouldn't be too hard with accelerometers. Someone please make this kind of thing, It could possibibly develop into a cool FPS for the iPod Touch.
  2. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Lol an FPS? how would you walk around? shoot? and do other various things...I wouldn't want a control pad on my screen during an FPS game...And the accelerometers won't tell if your moving your iPod to the left or right...Because it only works when you flip your iPod vertically or horizontally, or any variation in between that I believe.
  3. deltaspecops

deltaspecops New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'll second that... An FPS with control pad? plus the fact that accelerometers dont work that way. With how laggy the gba 2d games are do u really think itll be a good platform for 3d games?
  4. Snowspot

Snowspot New Member

You could shoot with the menu button (it would be disabled for gameplay), to look around you would scroll up, down, left or right on the screen. To move forward you would use both fingers as if you were zooming in, the same for moving backward. To reload you would tilt the touch so the accelerometer registered a turn. To jump, you could flick the ipod up.

So there you unimaginative bastards. It's always funny when people write something off just because they don't have the mental capacity to envision it themselves :-I

Um do you even know what you're talking about, emulators are different than "3d games".
  5. sunsurfin

sunsurfin New Member

Um, you should rethink the pinch to move forward thing... that sounds awful. Nobody wants to do that everytime they make a step forward...
  6. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Wow, I don't even know where to begin. Ok first off..Your "imaginative ability" sucks. No one wants to continually pinch the fingers to move forward. Plus like delta said, unless you plan on having a 2D FPS game, the iPod Touch can't run 3D games. And even if it was 2D it would have to have pretty bad graphics to even run smoothly. And actually I don't think you know what your talking about because emulators are just basically "posers" or copies of the original device from which it came...So yes...All games, scratch that, EVERYTHING is either in some kind of dimension, whether its 2D or 3D.

In general...FPS games + 2D...Yucky, I don't even think I could bear looking at it for a couple seconds.
  7. deltaspecops

deltaspecops New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i don't understand what your trying to say.
    you cant possibly mean to create a 3d enviroment that runs on the touch from scratch thats almost a joke. google maps doesnt even allow a 3d view of buildings on the touch
    what i thought he meant was to emulate a 3d game like conterstrike or something.
    and yes i do happen to know what im talking about i majored in game development and im back in college working on computer engineering.

as for the unimaginative part, when your trained to only think technically how do u plan to imagine something impossible? and please watch your language
  8. psychofish25

psychofish25 New Member

hahaha wow didnt mean to cause drama hear. And also, you can see how fast the ipod is moving in one direction and use that determine a left or right turn, the FPS was just a suggestion, all I want is to look around, I don't even need to walk, just turn the ipod and see the virutal world in that direction.