Virtual Pet.app

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by moosh, Mar 2, 2008.

1. moosh

moosh New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This is already getting a great support thread in the Ipod Applications page. Get on this, developers!!

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40221

"Just thought this would be a cool app idea.. a virtual pet that runs in the background!! It could easily be very simple or something very detailed! If someone knows programming i'm willing to help with ideas!" - Moosh
    1 person likes this.
  2. FalconX52

FalconX52 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    doesn't necessarily have to run in the background though cause that would drain batteries, but yea, an app that acts like a tomagatchi or digivice.
  3. bgmrk

bgmrk New Member

The easiest way to do that, i'm good at pseudo code, but not the actual coding. So you creat the basic app, with the aging and stats of the little guy. Maybe make a creature selector, so people can create their own creatures. And once you close the app, it saves the stats, or runs in the backround well the ipod is on. And once the ipod goes into power saving mode, the stats are saved (as well as the time it was turned off).

Once the ipod is woken up, the app loads back up, and uses math through the clock, determing how long it was shut off for, and then ajusting the stats accordingly, so it would have taken a crap this many times, got this hungry, wether it slept or not, etc.

and then you can use what Ants uses, and well your using your ipod, if your little dude needs some attention either an icon can pop up, or he can walk onto your screeen.

Thats just my 2 cents
  4. Killers16

Killers16 New Member

someone should send ZODTT a link....
  5. iPodTouchEdwards

iPodTouchEdwards New Member

this is a brilliant idea and I can't believe it hasn't already bin thought of but as usual tamogochis get quite boring real fast so it would have to have lots of features
    maybe evolving creatures aswell as normal animals.
    how about customization of your very own creature?
    if this was going to be done it would have to be done well and look realistic

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Yerffej

Yerffej New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I think one of the pets should be an iPod Touch, and you feed it 3rd party apps to keep it alive or something
  7. jgl1115

jgl1115 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ohh...goood idea! i would deff. download this :]
  8. lazyasada

lazyasada Banned

i will try to make this happen i will pass this by with my team k
  9. IrishJO

IrishJO New Member

10. drakie

drakie New Member

This would make a great app, something to really stick too, cos most apps are just one timers, yoj download em n try em n get sik of em, but if it ran in the background and was always different with scenarios etc it would be ace, would defo take a place on my spribgboard!

Please Register or Log in to view images