vinyl or modern media

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, and Videos' started by therobinsonator, Jun 18, 2009.

?

Vinyl or Modern media

1. Vinyl!

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. Cds Or mp3s!

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. therobinsonator

therobinsonator New Member

i just bought a record player/ 8track from goodwill and going back to my dads record collection ive got to say i really would rater listen to anything on a vinyl record than an mp3. For at least home enjoyment.On the go id have to go with my ipod instead of a walkman.

so iptf, for listening to music at home which do you prefer?
  2. beebop

beebop New Member

Well the vinyl was the start of a revolution so i have to say that it's the greater of the two. But modern media is so amazing that it will last forever now. Mp3s will never bend or scratch like a vinyl.. however, in the same way... Mp3s, or rather, the downloading of which illegally has brought music artists to their knees
  3. therobinsonator

i kind of enjoy the way records sound popping and all fuzzy as long as they dont skip im fine. i also love looking around thrift shops for good deals. last week i got boston rod stewart steve miller aerosmith led zepplien and kiss for like 6 bucks total. A lot of modern artists are starting to put out lps i guess best buy and my local fred meyer and starting to sell them
    ---
    oh and ive got a beatles double lp on the way in the mail
  4. gymtonic

gymtonic New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    all my collection is in mp3 (with an exception of my daft punk cd's) but i'd love to have some vinyl with all the rare remixes/releases etc.
  5. therobinsonator

wow i just checked fred meyers lp section online and its incredible abbey road for 10 bucks isnt bad one bit
  6. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I haven't listened to anything on vinyl in a few years; there was no room in our new house for our record player, so it just sits in the garage. But my dad has, like, every Beatles record, so I might try and dig it out over the summer.
  7. therobinsonator

oh you lucky bastard ha sgt pepper at my local thrift store is 25 buck. ha i used to have boxes and boxes of em