Viewing PDF's w/Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Phyer Phyter, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Phyer Phyter

Phyer Phyter New Member

Sorry if this has been posted before (I did try looking for it) Is there a simple way to transfer PDF's to the 2g Touch with out WiFi and then viewing them? I appreciate any help anyone has. Thanks in advance...
  2. Drawingbreath

Drawingbreath New Member

In a word, no. At least not one that I have encountered and I've been researching this quite extensively.

All file transfer that isn't done through iTunes HAS to go through Wifi. Retarded isn't it? The only way you can view PDFs natively on the 2G iPod Touch at the moment is to mail it to yourself and look at the PDF by clicking the attachment in the Mail app. Once the PDF has downloaded, you don't need to be online by WiFi to view the PDF.

The best way I have found for viewing PDFs and other file formats is by using a program called, Files. It allows you to password protect access to your files and has a bookmark and go to page feature. It is well worth £3.99.

Of course, it would have been easier if Apple had included a Preview app with the iPod and allowed disk space allocation like every iPod in existence before it. But, hey, you might affect their bottom line at the App Store if you could do that.
  3. giannaros

giannaros New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Actually, there is a way. You transfer your PDF to your iPod/iPhone through Total Commander and then open it through Docs or through Safari ( If you have the local patch installed).

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT: I didn't see you have a 2G, sorry...

4. *Soul~Of~iTouch*

*Soul~Of~iTouch* New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You can't jailbreak the 2nd Generation yet dude...

EDIT:Oh, right...you edited your post...nevermind then...
  5. mtitono

mtitono New Member

Actually you can use AirSharing, but you still need wifi(just wifi to connect to your computer, you dont need internet)

so you make a ad hoc (computer to computer) connection wifi to your ipod touch, and then you can transfer with drag n drop directly into your ipod with airsharing. And this program also support MS Office, picture, etc
  6. Drawingbreath

Drawingbreath New Member

Air Sharing, Filemagnet and Files will all allow this transfer to take place. My money is on Files though. Filemagnet is way too basic for my needs and requires a Mac to run the desktop app, which might be a deal breaker for some.
  7. mtitono

mtitono New Member

i think Files is the same as Air Sharing.. but i got Air Sharing for free, thats why i use it.