view PDF files

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by blurryfrancy, Nov 6, 2007.

1. blurryfrancy

blurryfrancy New Member

I know it's been discussed before, although my question has not been answered, but I wondered if anyone else had problems with the pdf viewer that comes with the installer. I read the complicated way of setting safari as local host and whatnot, but having a pdf viewer, I tried it. Using cyber duck I went to the media directory and 'dropped' a pdf file there. Then I used the Finder app on the ipod to find this file. I found it, clicked on it and when it asked with which application I wanted to open it I obviously chose pdf viewer. The application opened but no sign of the file, just what is going on? I then went back to cyberduck, created a new folder (PDF documents), saved another pdf document in that folder, back to the Finder app on the ipod, checked and both the folder and file where there. Clicked on it and application opened but no file.
    Back to cyberduck, checked the properties of the file, made sure it had the 'three rows' of reading and the first of writing and nothing else because it is not an application, but nothing changed back to my ipod.
    Ok, after this long story about not much, my question is: am I doing something wrong or is there something weird going on? Any of you having the same problem with this pdf viewer app?

Francesca
  2. jcmojj

jcmojj New Member

I had the exactly same problem... dont know what to do...
  3. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You need to create a folder called "PDF" (with that capitalization) in the Media folder and put your PDFs in there. And make sure they have simple names - special characters confuse it.
  4. also the pdf viewer is at like a sh*tty stage right now and if the pdfs you have are huge and u wanna go to a page thats like really deep into it, it takes a long time because if you go 2 fast it will crash and then it doesnt remember where you are
  5. thistle123

thistle123 New Member

i have the same problem

all of the pdf files are shown in the PDF folder via winSCP but when I open pdf viewer on the ipod, no files come up. I've looked at so many youtube vids on this where it transfers flawlessly, and I am doing the same thing, but yet, NO PDFs!!!!! Has anyone worked this out?