View forums users online at bottom of page with faster accessibility.

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by Ryuukumori, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

I have noticed a while back the site changed its layout with a homepage and ways to access your profile differently. But what was most awkward was at the bottom of the forums page, there isn't the list of currently online users anymore. In the past, I was able to click on my own username (which regardless of alphabetical order, your username was on the top of the list) and check recent posts I made and quickly access any replies based off my post. Now, it's much harder to have to click online users and search through pages upon pages of users to find your own.

May I suggest this past accessibility put back on the forums site? It would help a lot of users. Thanks.
  2. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    To get to the exact same page as you would get by clicking on your name in the active users list:

Click on "Quick Links" (top left of the page)

Click on "My Profile" in the drop down list.

And you can do this on any page so you dont have to even go to the main page to do it.
  3. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Thanks, that's a good idea. But what about users you want to see online? Maybe if you're expecting someone to talk to online the forums, you can scroll down to the bottom and quickly see if the user is online or not, and available.
  4. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    We talked about bringing this back in the mods lounge, but Bgizzle has stated that it makes to much of a demand on the server, and I think we all would rather have a fast website.
  5. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Ah, thanks for that Danls. Hey, when did you become a mod? Were there any applications out while I've been away for some time? Or... was it hand-picked? Correct me if I'm wrong. I forgot about who all the mods were, despite a selected few.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I became one a few weeks back, and I guess I was just hand-picked because I didn't fill out an application.
  7. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Click Quick Links, then Who's Online.
    There you are.

Danls92 became a Super Moderator on February 15th, about 6-7 p.m. eastern time.

Notable Apps...
    - http://www.moocowmusic.com <-AMAZING STUFF
    - PocketGuitar (interesting)

But you can check out a whole giant list of everything at http://appleiphoneschool.com
    I still haven't gotten an iPod touch, but it's nice to see you back.