View desktop from iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kallen, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hey, a quick question for you guys.... I have a video camera connected to my laptop via a USB video capture device. What I want to know is if there is a way (I'm new so easier is better) I can view my desktop so that I can watch the video feed. This would only be over my wifi network not over the Internet. I searched but didn't come up with anything. The ability to be able to monitor the feed without needing to use the laptop would be very helpful.

Thank you!!!
  2. mrblazed

mrblazed Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    I know orb live will stream a usb web cam, so check it out www.orb.com. It was ten bucks when I bought it. There is a light version as well, I'm not sure if you can use it to stream a web cam but it's worth a shot. Hope this helps
  3. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
  4. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks for the info. As I understand it, it will stream over the internet. I don't want my vid feed going out over the web, just ver my own wifi network.

Thanks for this! I had it running in about 5 minutes. The only setback i had was I typed my laptops ip wrong...lol. The only prob i am having, is I can't view video. This app is noce tho, with a lot of features. i can control my laptop. more than I need actually.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Anyways, if I can get vid to work I wil be SET. Thank you!!
  5. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
  6. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So anyone know if there's another setting I need to change or something to allow the video to be viewable? As I said in the first post, I have a camera hooked to my laptop via USB video capture interface (DVD Xpress). I want to be able to view it live remotely.

Using blackbelt's method above, I am able to view and control my laptop via iPod. But where the video should be is just a blank black box. I realize the quality won't be 32 fps, I just want to be able monitor the cam rmeotely without the need of the laptop.
    Thanks!
  7. BritThePrincesses

BritThePrincesses New Member

Have you tried Orb yet ?
  8. HM82

HM82 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Mocha VNC Lite is the easiest way to go. Look up on youtube "how to use vnc on ipod touch complete guide." Follow what he says only for the computer portion (first half of vid). Then install Mocha VNC Lite for free from app store and enter your VNC server's IP Address and code. The default for one of the options is 5900 for the speed or something, that's important. I did this and it's so cool. Very fast too!!!

9. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    No. I REAL do not want to stream my video feed over the internet. Thanks tho!

I have already done this. I can not see vidoe however. I will def. look into that YouTube vid to be sure im not missing anything tho. Thanks
  10. tmaxx445

tmaxx445 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)