videos won't get into itunes?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ltl924, Nov 2, 2009.

1. ltl924

ltl924 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    quick question guys...
    some of (well a lot of) my videos aren't being accepted in itunes apparently. i've downloaded some vids from like youtubedownload or download helper, and i had it auto convert to mp4 format. however, when i try to drag and drop it to itunes in the movies section, it just doesn't show up at all. i've tried playing them and some work and aren't getting into itunes, and some that don't work aren't getting into iTunes. any tips?

[also, if a video doesn't work that' sbeen downloaded from like downloadhelper of something, what would be a good way to get them to actually work?]

~thanks!
  2. Shukketsu.Azuguad

Shukketsu.Azuguad Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    If I were you, I'd convert them to mp4 format again, just to a different folder. Some formats say they are in mp4 format, but Itunes hates them, so I tried converting them to mp4 format, and it seemed to work. Sorry if my explanation doesn't make sense.
  3. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

If videos don't show up in iTunes when you drag them in, it means the format isn't supported. Most YouTube videos are available in .flv and .mp4 natively, I reccomend using Keepvid or Vixy.

With keepvid, make sure you select the .mp4 version of the file.