Videos...Need Question Answered...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Evalocity7, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok so I used the Search feature at the top, but it didn't come up with anything, atleast what I put in that is..

Ok here's my question...Is there going to be any sort of video playing application for the Ipod Touch soon? Maybe like Windows Media player or something...Or is there already an application in Installer? Because right now when I browse safari, it doesn't play the videos in the browser...

Thanks,
    Evo
  2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That's most likely because the videos are flash videos, and until the SDK comes and Adobe decides whether or not to release a flash plugin there will be no official plugin.

There have been rumors that somebody has gotten at least a semi-functioning one to work, but right now it is not available.
  3. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You must not be trying to play the right videos - those that Apple supports. Check out the specs page at www.apple.com/ipodtouch for supported video types. Or go to www.archive.org and play one of the mp4 files there. As for another player someone will probably develop one or add the codecs to Quicktime.