Videos app icon is missing

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bimple, Dec 11, 2008.

1. bimple

bimple New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have a jailbroken iPod Touch 1st generation, 8GB, running 2.2 firmware, and I can't find my "Videos" app icon anywhere.

I have QuickGold, and if I type "video" in there it clearly sees it and I am able to launch it that way, but I can't find the app icon anywhere.

I have boss prefs, so I looked there in Poof to try to see if the icon was turned off, and I can't even find it in the list of apps, yet as I said I know it is there because QuickGold can find it.

I also have categories installed, and I thought that maybe I had accidentally added it in to a folder somehow, but I can't find it anywhere, and I have looked in to every folder I have created a few times. Any ideas how to get my videos app icon back on my springboard?

edit: I deleted all of my folders in categories and it magically reappeared in the dock
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ok I figured out what happened, in case anyone runs in tothe same issue.

WHen you use the categories app, and put the "MobileMusicPlayer" in to a folder, only the iPod icon will show in that folder, and the video app icon will disappear.

Does anyone know of a workaround for this?
  2. FMtriple

FMtriple New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I would also like to know the answer to this. Is there a way to separate Music and Video so it will show up as two icons in a categories folder?
  3. bimple

bimple New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you can always add mobileflip and combine them in to one app, like on the ipod (available in cydia). Thats what I ended up doing.
  4. Ipodlover22

Ipodlover22 New Member

Hey thanks It fixed my problem XD
  5. Narutorox657

Narutorox657 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you have cydia uninstall the mobilemusicflipplayer
  6. greed460

greed460 New Member

Old thread, but for people reading this:

To get the video icon back (no, you cannot have the video icon in a categories folder), you need to go in to categories and do the following steps:

1. Tap manage folders.
    2. Go to the folder where you think the video icon is (if you don't know, do steps 3-4 for all folders.)
    3. Tap the "-" symbol to the left of the video icon.
    4. Tap the red delete button on the right.

The video icon should now be outside of a categories folder and free to use.