video

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by bkg001, Mar 19, 2009.

1. bkg001

bkg001 New Member

Can anyone help. I got a 2G Itouch for xmas from my son. Just started back at uni and downloaded all my lectures. Did it in windows and in quick time, tried three converters and every single format i can hear the words but no video at all. I have been doing this for four days can anyone help. I restored it twice.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  3. bkg001

bkg001 New Member

Hi thanks for that

I have tried three conversion programs now. Maybe its the hardware or the settings or the operator. Is there a troubleshooter for this, I ran out of the troubleshooting in the sections in the software program.

4. studangerous

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It may well be an issue with the video settings... are you sure you have it set for iPod Touch / iPhone? You should be converting to either H.264, mp4 or .mov format with screen size 640x480. If .mov format isn't working then try converting to mp4 or H.264.

If you're still having problems then give some more details. What conversion progs have you tried and what output have you produced (details on file type, format, size etc.). And I still recommend you try the iPodME converter I recommended above. I majorly use that prog and occasionally Videora.

Also are you saying that the picture from the video is not showing on your iPod Touch or on the pc after you have processed? You need to give more details if you want me to properly help you.
  5. bkg001

bkg001 New Member

Hi

OK. I tried M2 Converter. I tried Videora. I selected Converter for I Touch the output automatically went to H24 but when I could not sync the files at the end or transfer to the itouch I went through all the trouble shooting options so I did tests converting the files in 30 sec tests using default, alternative 1 and alternative 2, old and new format and then I just tried the MP4 option.

I could hear the converted video's on the computer but I could not see them on the screen, it was black with the exception of one format when screen on the computer went blue. I was opening these in I tunes on the computer and I could see the original quicktime or windows media files in I tunes before conversion thanks kim

6. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Handbrake is an amazing program for converting videos. All you need to do is input the source file (or files), select iPhone, and hit convert. It'll do the rest for you, no hassle!
  7. bkg001

bkg001 New Member

Handbrake

Can you select iphone if its an Itouch?

8. studangerous

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes - in respect to video playing, they are exactly the same.