Video Streaming from a server ?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Shuny, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Shuny

Shuny New Member

Hello everyone,

I've jailbroken my iPod Touch 2G yesterday thanks to this forum with the tethered jailbreak (semi-tethered wasn't working proprely <_<).

I'm currently looking for an application, or applications which would allow me to play videos directly from a very fast server I own. This server contains many videos in avi (mostly XviD) and I can download from it at 500kb/s which should be enough.

I've found somewhere on Cydia a Safari plugin that allows me to download these videos on my iPod Touch or stream them. The problem is that the "stream" option can only work with the built-in media player. Which doesn't read XviD at all <_<

Second problem, this plugin doesn't ask me where to save the downloaded file. And because Mplayer can't browse the iPod touch file system, I can't read the downloaded video. Pwned

Please Register or Log in to view images

In fact I have two questions :

- Can I stream XviD videos to my iPod Touch with an application ?
    - If not, is there an application which allows me to manipulate the iPod touch file system and so, to move the downloaded video into the Mplayer media folder so I can read my video with Mplayer ?

Thank you,

Shuny

(PS : Excuse me for my lame english)
  2. frnkyn

frnkyn Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ipod only supports mpeg4
  3. Jimilu

Jimilu New Member

Try using TVersity on your pc, although it takes a while to convert videos.
  4. You can

iphonesandipods has a youtube video on how to get a flash plugin for mobile safari, not sure if thats what your looking for