Video Recording/MMS/Compass/Cydia...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by flash1823, Jun 24, 2009.

1. flash1823

flash1823 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    So i just unlocked my iphone 3g and altough most things work fine some seem to be missing and it might just be that this only comes with the 3gs.. First video recording not available, the compass, voice control, MMS. Is anyone else having this problem?

Also Cydia seems to be acting up a bit to i keep getting an "error Message" everytime i try to upgrade or add something new. When i do have the opportunity to add something like the video recording app it crashes, anyone have any suggestions???
  2. tornbacchus

tornbacchus New Member

video, compass and voice are only for 3Gs, mms should be working, it replaces your sms, so theres no sms on the icon.

when texting, turn your phone on the side to see the new landscape mode. if you unlocked it, make sure your carrier supports mms, you may have to get it

i havent had a problem with cydia at all.
  3. flash1823

flash1823 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I just tried turning it in landscape mode and i got nothing for mms, i think i may have to try restoring it re jailbreaking it and see what happens from there, cydia seems to be messed up and i think it may have to do with the fact that i added icy and cydia and i might have to choose 1 not both. thanks fot you're help.
  4. tornbacchus

tornbacchus New Member

does the icon still say sms? if it does, you may need to a fresh restore in itunes then jb in redsnow.

i havent unlocked my 3G because i dont have to, but i have jailbroken it without a problem only picking cydia during process and not icy. mms and everything works fine
  5. flash1823

flash1823 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    on the home screen the the sms icon now says "messages" which i didn't even realize until now but yea got nothing i'll try going through the jailbreaking process and restoring again, hopefully that will do the job for me.
  6. germ

germ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you have to add your carriers settings in the network settings in order to show MMS