Video Problems w/ 32g 3G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dave_m, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Dave_m

Dave_m New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hello all! I have recently encountered a problem with a newly purchased 32gb Ipod Touch 3G and wondered if anyone had had a similar problem and if there was any known solution to it.

I have some videos that will import into Itunes with no problems, but when I transfer them to my Ipod, there is no video. The audio works just fine, but all that shows on the screen is either a frozen picture or a green screen. This is not the case with all videos. Some of them work just fine. They are all .mp4 format, and I can't find any difference between the ones that work and the ones that don't.

I have tried the steps suggested on the Apple website- restart, restore, etc. with no effect. I have even taken the Ipod back and exchanged it, and have the same results with the new one. Any suggestions?
  2. superrob

superrob Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Maybe they just have bad encoding?
  3. p282

p282 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    what format are the videos? what program did you use to convert them with?
  4. chevro1et

chevro1et New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Do the .mp4 files play on your computer, or do you encounter the same issues as when transferred to your touch?
  5. aaseda

aaseda New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    hey dave.. wow i tought i was the only one with that problem. this must be a 3g ipod touch problem because i have the 64gig and when i transfer over the video i am getting a green screen just like you. i tryed 3 different mp4/m4v converters and still the same green screen!

i also own the 32gb 1st gen touch and it works fine and no green screen.
    i guess their is no converter out there for the 3rd gen ipod touch we just have to wait for somebody to make one..

by any chance did you fix the problem??
  6. doctor.dave

doctor.dave New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a 2G touch, and it's doing this exact same thing on Podcasts. I have a ticket in to Apple. I'll hopefully have an answer for this soon.
  7. iTorment

iTorment Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Why don't you try the built in iTunes converter. If it plays in itunes and not on your touch, then it "should" be able to be converted properly. It's under the Advanced tab in itunes and scroll down to create iphone or ipod version.
  8. doctor.dave

doctor.dave New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    um...

This is a video d/loaded through iTunes, and IS converted in iTunes. I'm not talking about anything third party.