video podcasts

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by input-output, Dec 1, 2007.

1. input-output

input-output New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    not sure if its my touch or if its the video itself, i seem to have a prob while viewing them. Certain video podcasts are ok, but some will juz stop halfway and bring me back to the video list menu. Ive even redownloaded the podcast from itunes

Im using a 1.1.1 jailbreaked touch
  2. Eragon

Eragon New Member

Not all iTunes video podcasts are playable on the iPod. Some require an additional conversion step to iPod format. Such converted files will then show up in the movies folder.

Typically, if a video does not meet iPod specs, iTunes won't let it sync to the iPod. The file you are trying to copy may be corrupted. Have you tried playing the whole video on iTunes just to check?
  3. input-output

input-output New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yep, it plays fine on itunes. has anyone else reported this prob before?
  4. Jadaar

Jadaar New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I have the problem that my video podcasts can sync, but only the audio plays. How would I be able to convert them in order for my touch to play them?

EDIT: I solved my probelm. I had to view them through the video app, not the podcast section of the music app. Silly mistake on my part I guess.
  5. input-output

input-output New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

i found dat out by chance as well, this being my first ipod, im still new to dis podcasting thing. so i have always thot dat it was audio only. imagine my happy surprise when i tapped on the video app

Please Register or Log in to view images

but juz a quick question, do u face the same probs i have with regards to the video, stopping halfway?
  6. Jadaar

Jadaar New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I'm afraid not, sorry. Mine run all the way through.