Video Player??

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by yanks111890, Jan 10, 2008.

1. yanks111890

yanks111890 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    are there any apps out there that enable the ipod to play mpeg videos so i dont have to convert mine for about 10 hours on itunes????

if not we should get on this i cant be the only person here that hates waitin all day
  2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    There aren't any that let the iPod play different types of files, but there are faster converters for the computer.

Two popular ones are Videora iPod Converter and Xilisoft iPod Converter.
  3. Louie333

Louie333 New Member

I use nero, it makes good encodes. Plus you have a lot of control over the file size. I made copies of house that looked great that were around 110-120 megs a show.If you deside to use it and want help feel free to pm me
  4. Matric

Matric New Member

I have Videora and it still takes 5 -6 hours to convert a 1.3 GB file ...which is rediculous, I agree there needs to be more video playback...My old sansa would play just about everything and it cost less than half what the touch does. The way it is now ...i dont consider it a video player.
  5. Eragon

Eragon New Member

DVD movies that are ripped to a hard drive folder can't be played on the iPod. You can play them on your computer, but you must "convert" them to one of the formats compatible with the iPod - MP4, M4V, MOV, etc. If you were to transfer the DVD directly to the iPod, you would require anywhere between 4 and 8 GB of storage capacity. The conversion process compresses the movie to a more manageable size.

Encoding video is one of the most processor intensive tasks we have. There is no way around that. If you have multiple DVDs you want to encode, free packages like Handbrake or videora allow you to batch convert. Go to bed, work, etc., and let the computer chomp the video. Just make sure your settings are correct before starting. While using Handbrake, I encoded a video with the wrong screen settings. iTunes would not let me copy to the iPod.
  6. HackerAlert

HackerAlert New Member

Isn't someone working on a DivX player for the iPod touch? That would be a great app..
  7. touchman87

touchman87 New Member

I have videora converter 2 and it only takes me max 45 minutes to convert a movie that was 1.2 GB. You might want to update to the newest version.
  8. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

It took me a mere 1/2 hour for Balls of Fury.
  9. yanks111890

yanks111890 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    xilisoft isnt free and frankly i find videora sucks the quality is terrible unless i am doing something wrong

i totally forgot about nero though thanks for that tip ill try it out
  10. Matric

Matric New Member

I have Videora 3.7 ...says most up to date ..but the lappy isnt the best thing to convert with :S