Video Player?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by therock003, May 7, 2009.

1. therock003

therock003 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is there any app that lets you play video files without having to rencode them to appropriate formats? Like xvid/x264 support?
  2. nunchuck

nunchuck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    look for m player or something in cydia
  3. MiP0d

MiP0d New Member

Get "Safari Download Plugin" from Cydia and then when you wanna watch the movie it'll ask you if you want to download it or play it. Just tap play it.
  4. therock003

therock003 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    How will safari plugin help me play my own files? Wouldn't that be for viewing online content?

I downloaded mplayer, but is WinSCP the only way to transfer my files on the ipod?

Cause i keep getting disconnected for some reason, and transferring a file seems impossible.

Maybe my ipod is trying to access the router at the same time it's connecting to the computer to transfer the file.
  5. MiP0d

MiP0d New Member

use iphonebrowser instead
  6. flashisflamable

flashisflamable New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Theres an app called orblive, just get the free version. You can play all your movies from your computer, you don't have to reencode them, it reencodes the movies before sending them over wifi to your iPod Touch.
  7. therock003

therock003 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well obviously i need for files to be stored on ipod so i could watch them outside the house.

Thanx for the suggestion, but really why would someone choose to stream to an ipod 3.5" screen when you have a PC Monitor? I'm just being curious cause i hear lots of people streaming video to their ipod or psp and i wonder why?
  8. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The device itself already supports h/x264. It's just the problem of resolution of the video and the audio format of the video that's troubling. Along with the container.