Video Out to TV with iTouch??????

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Rafterman, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Rafterman

Rafterman New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have read that the new 3G itouch with fw 3.1.2 on does not output video(audio only) when using the available composite or component cables from Apple. Can anyone confirm if this is true or not. Anyone been able to get this working with the new 3G itouch.
  2. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    it works with my cable, but mines from sony, not from apple.
  3. Rafterman

Rafterman New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Glad to hear that, thanks, I will get the Sony one. It was just that a guy on the Apple Website posted the following on the Questions & Answers section for that cable:

"Best Answer: No it will not work. I purchased one and it did not work. I assumed the cables were defective so I returned them and was able to test some more brand new official Apple cables and it still does not work.
    Apple has a web page that says the cables work with the late 2009 3rd gen Ipod Touch but when called the first time I was told the cables should work. When I called after testing them and they did not work another Apple Tech confirmed that they won't work and that Apple may offer some compatible cables in the future."

http://store.apple.com/ie/questions/product/MB128ZA/B?mco=MTE1MjM0Nzk
  4. deeznutz

deeznutz New Member

I saw the exact same post after I bought the apple composite cables(only audio and no video). Link to the Sony one?
  5. Jim1348

Jim1348 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Component/Composite Cables

My wife and I gave iPod Touches to our two sons for Christmas. I am interested in getting a cable for audio/video output, but I am still waiting to see if this issue is resolved. The URL below makes it appear as if the MB128LL and MB129LL are compatible with the 3rd generation iPod Touch. I may just have to buy one locally and see. I figure that way I can return it if there is a problem.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1454
  6. Shukketsu.Azuguad

Shukketsu.Azuguad Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I have the Apple AV cables for TV out and mine works with fw 3.1.2. 3rd gen ipod touch works fine with it.
  7. Jim1348

Jim1348 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I bought one of these this afternoon and it works just fine. I may actually want to buy one more of these. Are there any on line dealers that carry these for a more reasonable price?
  8. Bigl

Bigl New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    can anyone help, i have just moved to the apple world after having a creative zen vision for many a year, i thought i would move on up.

can anyone tell me, i am presuming the av cables will show video on the tell, but will it also show the music art work as a TV output?
  9. lunchmeats101

lunchmeats101 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ...I have apple component cables and they work perfectly on my 32gig 3G on 3.1.2...
  10. cipherblaze

cipherblaze New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If you are jailbroken, there is a package on Cydia/Rock called "re-Supported" that deals with the video out problems, although I haven't personally tested it, it might be worth a shot.