Video Out Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mnewmansnow, May 4, 2009.

1. mnewmansnow

mnewmansnow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Today i picked up a a/v out cable for my ipod touch. I know that I can use the a/v out for videos and music, but are there any add-ons in that would provide a "universal" a/v out? Or are there any official apps that support a/v out?
  2. Touchtacular

Touchtacular New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    None that I know of. The closest thing I could think of is the program devs use to show their iPod screen on their PC, then making it fullscreen and streaming your comp display to your TV.
  3. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Yes, it's on Cydia, and it's called TVOut. Just search for it. It may be TV Out, so try that too. I may have gotten the name entirely wrong, but there is a package in Cydia for this exact purpose.
  4. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

not sure of the exact name either, but i do remember seeing it in the Multimedia section.
  5. amattheson

amattheson New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    there is an app in cydia that is called screensplitr (the e is supposed to be missing)
  6. mnewmansnow

mnewmansnow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for the responses TVOut does work and i also found an app called ScreenSplitr, it mirrors anything that is on the ipod's screen.

Also I have another question. Does anyone have the apple composite cable? and if so, can you sync with your computer using it? I bought a 3rd party a/v cable from radioshack and was very happy with the video and audio out, but upset to find that it would not sync with my computer (which i need being apple syncing cable has began to rip and i dont think it will work much longer).