Video in vertical mode?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by awboy, Oct 9, 2007.

1. awboy

awboy New Member

Is there a way to watch videos without turning the touch horizontally? I have a vertical holder for it and I want to watch videos in that orientation. Thanks!
  2. picaso

picaso New Member

Nope

Except it's a streaming quicktime video
  3. awboy

awboy New Member

What does that have to do with anything? Why can't they orient the video differently?
  4. picaso

picaso New Member

What do you mean? Quicktime streaming vids play on any orientation, saved movies play only horizontally and youtube only horizontally. sjobs@apple.com with your questions, he might have an answer for you.
  5. awboy

awboy New Member

So what I mean is why the heck can't the Touch play saved videos play in vertical orientation? I wanted to see if I was just missing how you could do it or if you really can't.
  6. andyandy6464

andyandy6464 New Member

It would kind of look like crap if a video you synced thru itunes were to be played vertically. It would have to resize to 320 x 240, and that's very small. Not to mention like it would like like it's in EXTREME widescreen. Scope would like like a baby compared to it.
  7. theclueless

theclueless New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    it will be like watching a video in ipod video... now why would you want that?
  8. dmorgan81

dmorgan81 New Member

the "touch" was specifically designed to play video's in landscape mode. On a website it might actually play a video in portrait but I haven't tried so I'm not 100%. However I do know they designed it specifically for landscape. The little holder that comes with the touch will hold the touch both ways, landscape and portrait by the way.
  9. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

what if ur left handed? its a pain to switch it different ways.

i dont understand why QT vids in the web play anyway you want, but moves and YT dont. thats just silly, they all use the QT app, dont they?
  10. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

No, I'm left handed, and it really isn't bothersome at all. In fact, I don't notice a difference between rotating the iPod in either hand.