Video Folders?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by yourtube, Oct 21, 2007.

1. yourtube

yourtube New Member

I noticed if I have more than a couple episodes of a tv show, they will automatically be grouped into a folder.

I was wondering how I could do this with other videos on my touch?

Could I group movies? Or music videos?

Also, if I specify a video as a music video in itunes, it shows up on my touch in the music app, and not the video app. How can I get my music vids to show up in the video app under their own category (music videos)?

Thanks!
  2. rdewan112

rdewan112 New Member

I just put a 1 in front of all tv shows, 2 in front of music vids etc. This groups them but they won't be in separate folders. It would be cool if you could but I searched and couldn't find anything...YET...
  3. NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005 New Member

does anybody know where the videos are stored in the ipod? can I SSH into the folder if I want to move them off the ipod to keep?
  4. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I believe they're stored in ~/Media/iTunes_Control/Music/

Problem is there are (at least in my case) about 50 folders and the movies are place randomly in there (I can only find it by file extension and size). I found one of my movies in the F22 folder...
  5. moomood256

moomood256 New Member

The reason TV shows are grouped is because they have a common "show" name just right click on the item hit "Get info", then click on the "Video" tab and change the "video kind" to a "TV Show".

Then when they show up under the TV show Category they will be separated, that is of course till you go back to "Get info" then change the show name to the name of the folder you would like.

It is not case sensitive, however it is sensitive to spaces before or after the name.