Video Download Services

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cowboyshootist, Oct 12, 2007.

1. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I was googling for videos to download to the Touch and came across a couple of services. One was called Butterflydownloads and the other was YouriPodMovies. Each of these claim a large database of movies and videos that you can download for a fee. They have different types of memberships ranging in price from about $30-50 USD.

What I was wondering is how do these services get access to so many movies (millions)? They don't really go into much detail about how they license the content or even if they do. I don't mind paying for material that I download and use but I'd like to make sure the service is legit and legal (in the US).

I also found Vongo but that looks more geared to Windows hosts and didn't really talk about downloading to ipods or portable video players.

Anyone have any experience with these sites?
  2. 6ironmaiden9

6ironmaiden9 New Member

I just use illegal bootleg dvds ect
  3. Roflcopter_Down

Roflcopter_Down New Member

http://www.bit-hdtv.com

do you have dvds? Just use a Dvd ripping program and rip them to your PC. Then convert to x264 and place on iPod
  4. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I have DVDs and Tivo so I can get lots of content. The problem is that requires spending time converting and transfering from Tivo to the PC. If I can just download from a site that would be much easier IMHO.