Video crashing on iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Trogzilla, May 27, 2008.

1. Trogzilla

Trogzilla New Member

Hi, I have a jailbroken 1.1.4 touch. Works fine except for one thing. When watching videos it will usually crash at set points. From what I've noticed so far, it usually happens on DVD rips and some podcasts I have. I have yet to check if it happens on movies purchased through iTunes. the crash brings me back to the springboard. If I go back to the same video I was watching it will place me at the last place I had started watching, not where it crashed. It will usually crash at the same point each time. I am hoping this isnt a corrupt file problem. Please help! Thank you!
  2. Lyall

Lyall New Member

It sounds like a corrupt file, have you tried re-encoding the video or re-downloading it? I've had this problem before and the only workarounds for me were to either skip past the point where it crashes using the little navigation bar at the top or re-encode it.
  3. Trogzilla

Trogzilla New Member

aww man... I hate corrupt files. I dont want to re-encode 26 episodes of whatever the hell tv show is dead...
  4. Lyall

Lyall New Member

Does it happen with all the videos you put on? Also I'm assuming you got the rips then encoded them to MP4 to play on the iPod?
  5. Trogzilla

Trogzilla New Member

yeah, just about all the rips. I used DVD decryptor, and then Allok video to iPod.
  6. Lyall

Lyall New Member

Well as far as I can tell it sounds like some sort of encoding error but you'd be better waiting to see if anyone else here has any suggestions. Also if I was going to recommend an encoder you should use Xilisoft Video Converter but its not free but its easily hacked but its against the rules to give you a link to any cracks for it, its worked perfect with all my rips.
  7. Trogzilla

Trogzilla New Member

that would be great. If you could email them to me at -email removed- it would be greatly appreciated.
    Also, I've heard good things about DivX4PSP or something like that.