video converting

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by dan-the-man, Aug 27, 2008.

1. dan-the-man

dan-the-man New Member

Hey everyone i really hope you can help me here

I am new to video converting.... i used to always download my dvd's watch them on my comp but i know i want to start putting them on dvd's.......

what i want to know really is what file is a dvd so like what file will it have to be before no converting has to take place before burning to the disc

e.g. i have a CovertXtoDVD and i used that recently to put all of my 24 series 6 on to dvd. the 24 episodes were all avi files so what i did was select episode 1 and 2 and put them on a dvd and then 3 and 4........ and so on..... but because these were .avi files the programe had to convert them first then burn to disc...... so like a said before what files will it have to be before it can just burn straight away......

another thing is i download alot of MKV files which are used for high definition copies i used to watch them on my computer.... but i know i want to start burning them..... so will i be able to watch these on a normal TV not HD TV once they have been converted and burned to normal dvd

I dont mind reading about this so if you have any good sites i could read upon that would great

DanTheMan
  2. Jikoo

Jikoo New Member

Theres a suite made by Red Kawa, it has iPhone, PS3 Xbox lots, search red kawa in google
  3. h_wang1988

h_wang1988 New Member

Oh, I know a good Video Converter. It's aimersoft Video Converter, it supports comprehensive video formats including MP4, MOV, FLV, 3GP, AVI, FLV, MPG, WMV, M2TS, MPEG, M4V, MKV, VOB(DVD format), ASF, etc, and the conversion quality is very high.

have a good day.
  4. Kid Dynomite

Kid Dynomite New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Super Bump don't do it this thread is almost a year old.
  5. nicb1977

nicb1977 New Member

6. toyrain

toyrain New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Just a freeware video converter for all your video conversion, iWisoft Free Video Converter. it can iuput and output all the video formats and totally free.