Video Converter

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by themes, Jan 1, 2008.

1. themes

themes New Member

Alright so i downloaded some videos from youtube and used a converter that claimed that the ipod touch video file was MPEG-4 and it all worked, but i also downloaded another one that says its avi form. Which one is it? The first one (mpeg) will only convert them from flv (youtube videos) but the one i have is I am Legend and it is in Divx. Can anyone help please? Thanks soo much

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. gordo

gordo New Member

YouTube will be flv which will need to be converted to .mp4
    The DivX codec is the most popular MPEG-4 based codec however your iPODTouch does not support it. Newer DVD players can work with DivX DVDs.
    .avi files can be directly burned onto DivX DVDs so that you can have about 6 full length movies on one DVD. .avi files for your Touch need to be encoded in .mp4 format. On the MAC I use iSquint to do this.
    I am Legend is still in the theaters - if you've downloaded it then it's likely someone's video shot in a theatre or worse. Wait till it gets properly released or, until then, download The Omega Man or The Last Man on Earth (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1663597729999672400) instead.

gordo
  3. themes

themes New Member

I have the dvd release

Please Register or Log in to view images

I would release it but i dont feel like going to jail. If you wish though i can link you too the site from which i got it from (Has all the new ones).