Video Converter for IPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pk1991, Jan 4, 2008.

1. pk1991

pk1991 New Member

Title says it all

which programs are good XD
  2. patrickmassler1992

patrickmassler1992 New Member

RE

Use Handbrake. Ive been using it to convert dvds for some time and the results are great... The Program has many options eg. you can adjust the output seize (in MB) for the Video ant the Converter automatically sets the Quality so that the video will fit the size

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. BigMak

BigMak New Member

Handbrake is more for ripping directly from DVD's. It's another thing if you "accuired" an .avi file, and want to load it into your iTouch. For that I recommend Videora iPod Converter.

4. ARUS

ARUS New Member

Videora is not as perfect. Yesterday I converted a video which was about 500mb big. Then I wanted to convert it into mp4 with Videora and selected good quality, estimated file size 800 MB. After 2h converting the file size was about 2 GB!!!!
  5. BigMak

BigMak New Member

Perhaps you're right, then I have another program, which I have only had good experience with, it's callled 3GP Converter, it's very simple to use, and gives you good quality. Find a tutorial on how to get it and install it here! (it's a YouTube video)
  6. VAZZ

VAZZ New Member

7. user.exe

user.exe New Member

IMHO, it's not right. if you use normal mode then you can expect that with the very good quality the bitrate of the estimated file can be bigger than the old one's. For example, avi file - 512 kbps, mp4 file - 1024 kbps. It's useless, more than you have you can not achieve. So check your settings. I'll recommend this program, cause it's have really good power mode. It can be compared to xvid4psp converter, which I used before.

"Pardon me my french", I'm from Ukraine

8. bwfc0907

bwfc0907 New Member

Sorry, I'm not following. Which program do you recommend?
  9. NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005 New Member

I have been using a program called XVID4PSP, it converts DVD & video files to ipod touch, fantastic quality, can specify size. its free.
  10. DynaMight

DynaMight New Member

I've tried LOTS, most of them do not keep the correct aspect ratio. So if you try to convert a widescreen movie it makes it fullscreen 4:3 therefore stretches the film and looks crap. Out of the ones I've tried the only ones I've found that allow adjustment is WinAVI MP4 Convertor (through a manual adjustment) and Videora iPod Touch Converter (automatically keeps aspect ratio)

So, I now use Videora iPod Touch Converter because of this, keep an eye on the file sizes as above, dont use the simple 'Normal Mode' use the 'Power Mode' and choose 512kb/128kb, it'll keep an original 700MB movie to around 400-500MB and looks more than fine on the ipod imo. Besides the average bitrate is normally about 700kbps not 512 anyway.