Video Content for the Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cowboyshootist, Sep 26, 2007.

1. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Greetings,

I am considering an iPod Touch and was wondering about places to get video content. I know you can download movies and TV shows from iTunes but I really don't like Apples insistance on only allowing you to put paid content on iPods only.

I know you can rip DVDs or CDs and put them on the iPod but are there other places to download content that can then be put on the Touch? For example, I see lots of TV networks putting episodes of shows online. Is there any way to watch those by either using the browser or downloading the video and putting it onto the Touch?

What about Amazon Unbox? Can those shows be downloaded and put on the Touch?

Thanks for the help.
    TC
  2. MTBPatriot

MTBPatriot New Member

You can download content from YouTube using services such as http://vixy.net or http://vconvert.net and put them on your iPod. I've done this several times before and the quality is quite good in my opinion.
    Unfortunately, for some reason, these two sites go down quite a bit due to so many people using up their bandwidth.

NBC puts some of their shows on YouTube for advertising purposes.

I'm not quite sure about Amazon Unbox.
  3. Mint-Berry Crunch

Mint-Berry Crunch Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    You can probably convert the unibox downloads if they are downloaded as a certain format
  4. Tariomaster

Tariomaster Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok, you can download youtube videos without having to send them to a website.
  5. MTBPatriot

MTBPatriot New Member

I ment if he wanted to put them on his iPod for when he doesn't have a WiFi connection! I should've mentioned that.

I don't have wireless internet so I've been downloading them and putting them on it so I can view offline lol.
  6. Tariomaster

Tariomaster Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ... confusing...
  7. rubberduck

rubberduck New Member

videora.com

convert any video into MP4/H.234

been using it since it came out. The quality is flawless. i convert dvds, downloaded *******s, etc.

Just label the video as a TV show or movie and put it into your library. If you set it for auto sync then it will show up on the ipod just as if you bought it.
  8. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Thanks for the info Ducky... I figured I could RIP DVDs and such. I am looking for an electronic media where I can download stuff I don't currently have. I'd even pay for certain products. I know, for example, there are bit *******s of TV shows but I don't use BT so I am not sure what formats you can get stuff in.

Not looking to do anything illegal it's just that I don't want to have to buy and rip DVDs, plus new TV shows aren't on DVD yet.
  9. ipodtouchlover

ipodtouchlover New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well if you look for quicktime videos online they will work because i had a look in the safari plug ins thought ssh i saw a quick time plug in and tryed it and it worked so just look for quick time videos