video chat on touch, Here is how.

Discussion in 'iPod touch VoIP and Telephony' started by llekyamer, Feb 4, 2008.

1. llekyamer

llekyamer New Member

Well here is my method anyways,

IP cameras connect direct to the network internet, providing streaming video from anywhere in the world. All you need is a good speed broadband/adsl line to be able to watch full speed 30fps video (equivalent to VHS video) from the camera location anywhere in the world, simply by typing in the IP address of the camera and logging on. Remote control the camera with pan/tilt function through the password protected IP address.

Standard Specification of Packaged USB Camera
    VIMICRO ZC0301 Plus processor inside.
    Color CMOS VGA sensor with 350,000 pixels.
    MJPEG compression.
    Up to 30 frames per second.
    USB Interface, reverse compliant with USB 1.1 specifications.
    Focus Distance: 5cm to infinity, manually adjustable Focus Lens.
    Minimum illumination: 2.5 lux @f1.4
    Visual angle: 51/60 degree horizontal.
    Auto Control for White balance, Exposure, Color/Brightness.
    Operating Temperature: 0C to +40C.

Please note its wired not wireless. Just connect the power and broadband/adsl cable/network cable

Features: 1. Easy to install and use.
    2. Support remote surveillance by internet explorer
    3. Support remote control of the picture angles(Pan:320 degrees, Tilt: 60 degrees)
    4. Support Motion-Detection
    5. Support Video record
    UP to 30 FPS Performs High Quality Service to Multiple Users

You carry one of these little cameras with you, along with you cradelpoint wifi router and usb modem. You have internet anywhere you go to use the touch and when you call someone on sip-voip they can see you if they sit on front of a computer and log in. And if you log in to someone elses camera you can see them. So everyonejuat has to carry one of these with them an there you have a web cam that works with the touch. I already use mobiscope to see my son whlie I talk to him thru my ipod touch and that works real good. You don't need to attach a camera to the touch when there are cameras that are standalone and don't need a computer, that you can take with you like these.

Here is the link where you can get these
    http://kgbcameras.co.uk/cameras/wireless-webcam.htm#IP cameras
  2. Omega Chaos

Omega Chaos Banned

This title thread is seriously misleading. Please change the title.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. llekyamer

llekyamer New Member

what's misleading

what's misleading, yuo can take these type of camera's with you and people can see you with them, and if you log in to their camera you can see them. What is misleading , I'm showing you how to do it. what is misleading about that, i talk to my son and see him on my touch with mobiscope I see his web cam. So that is video talking is it not.

I take this camera with me , it is connected to my cradel pont router and my family sees me anywhere I am. I could go to the beach and they see me, while I'm traveling and working. I see them on my touch with theone I have at home with mobiscope. Plus at home they don't have to sit in front of a computer they can move the camera anywhere the backyard the front yard ot take it with them. i see them and talk with them. what more do you want.

Until apple gives us a ipod touch/iphone with a built in web cam I don't see any other way than this to do it.
  4. rinn

rinn Banned

to bad u need to buy a camera...
  5. wthoang

wthoang New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    this is riduculous and unpractical
  6. llekyamer

llekyamer New Member

what's unpractical

you all want free wifi, well until I get that I carry a cradel point wifi router and usb modem with me. It all fits in my pocket. I have wifi everywhere I go at broadband speeds. I use my touch anywhere I want. If I want my famuily to see me I aso pull out my small web cam. It is not big and sit that infront of me along with my touch to see them. It beats taking out a laptop to do it anyday.
  7. mrmac

mrmac Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So your saying you use a cell phone as your broadband internet?

I would like to see your monthly payments......
  8. ghettobuck

ghettobuck New Member

Sounds interesting...can we get a video of this? I would like the same set up
  9. SkaterGOD/DOOD23

SkaterGOD/DOOD23 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Haha! Using a cell phone as your broadband internet, how stupid do you get?

Please Register or Log in to view images

(Not you mr.)