Video Chapters?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by coolmanclyde@hotmail.com, Jan 16, 2008.

1. coolmanclyde@hotmail.com

coolmanclyde@hotmail.com New Member

I have a touch, with new software, and i just watched the keynote again and it said that the touch also has chapters for the movies, even the updated instruction on the apple site show the new icon/buttons for doing so. Where are mine? Anyone verify that this is true and works?
  2. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

um i guess if its on the apple site that its true. I think the reasons you dont have it is when you got the movie (like eitherripped it with software or downloaded it) it came as 1 file which is just the movie part of the movie, if you open your dvd in my computer you can see it has indexin n shi that tell it were the chapters lead to. All the movies i get are in avi so i have to go to mp4 which loses the information.
  3. coolmanclyde@hotmail.com

coolmanclyde@hotmail.com New Member

Okay that does make sense. thanks
    one more thing, I cant find out how to rent movies....I know that the itune on the touch is only for music, but I cannot find out how to just rent and sync to my ipod through itunes...any help?
  4. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

um sorry i cant help you there, im in the UK, we havnt had the option to rent or even buy movies yet cause of leagal stuffz. I guess you can onl do it in US, i went to the us store and theres a rent now button just like buy now. click it!
  5. ollie77

ollie77 New Member

I'm on a Mac, but using MacTheRipper the Handbrake allows me to have chapters on my 1.1.2 JB Touch