video cables

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dtaube, Apr 7, 2009.

1. dtaube

dtaube New Member

New here and wanted to know what all will display via video cables from My touch to tv, projector etc.. Does it display whatever is on the screen or just movies and music videos? I am buying cables wanting to use my ipod versus laptop to project music videos and movies and see on tv.. I got this for christmas and havin a lot of fun learnin what all it can do

thanks!
  2. DNJ45

DNJ45 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The Apple A/V cable will display Movies and Music Videos that are on your iPod. There is a way to display whatever is on the screen, but you would have to jailbreak your device which will probably lead to more confusion.

You will need one of these cables:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB129LL/B?fnode=MTY1NDA0OQ&mco=MjE0NTAzOA

-OR-

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB128LL/B?fnode=MTY1NDA0OQ&mco=MjE0NTA3NA

If you have an HD TV or Projector, you will probably want the component cable. If you have a regular TV (with the yellow video input and the white and red audio inputs), then you will want the composite cable.
  3. dtaube

dtaube New Member

been lookin at this jailbreak thing, what is the general idea of this... I'm somewhat good on the pc.. I have hacked my lg dare phone and good at clear directions
  4. DNJ45

DNJ45 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It basically allows you to have full access to your iPod's file system and install third party apps and mods. You can also theme your iPod, and do a lot of other cool things.

Youtube, Google, or some of the threads on this site can help you jailbreak your iPod.