Video and music "mostly" gone

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Djinn252, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Djinn252

Djinn252 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Weird problem... I turned on my iPod this morning, and all of my music files and video files (except two podcasts) were missing. My hardware is an iPod touch 2g, never jailbroken.

I say that the files are "mostly" gone because if I go to Settings > General > About, it says "Capacity 29.6GB," "Available 14GB" ... which is correct - or it would be, if my videos and music were there. So the "About" data behaves as if my media files were there, but the Music and Video apps can't see them.

Powering down the Touch and restarting it did not help. "Reset All Settings" succeeded only in scrambling my icons. Since many of the videos are no longer on my computer at home, I'd rather not completely reset the Touch if there are any other solutions I might try.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I had quite a few videos on there for which I no longer have access.
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what the problem is, but try using Sharpod to try and access those files and back them up on your computer.
  3. Djinn252

Djinn252 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Many thanks... I'll give SharePod a shot this evening. I was unaware there was any way (other than iTunes) to get data to or from the Touch.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Update ... Good call. Sharepod was able to see all of my content, audio and video, and as I type this, I'm copying it all to my computer. Many thanks!