Video and Music formats? Need Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Adgum, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Adgum

Adgum New Member

My Ipod Touch is due to arrive in 4 days time, ive been trying to find ways to convert all my videos (mostly avi) into a good quality format for the ipod.

Ive been using the Program "Videora Ipod Converter" so far but when it converts them it converts a 100mb file into 300mb, Seems a bit odd since it is scaling everything down. Shouldnt it be smaller in size????

can someone please help me with finding a good program or way to convert my videos into a good quality and possibly without this rediculous file size.

Also. wats the best way to compact Music file size's. is there something better than mp3 for file size that my ipod will run?

(Edit: oh and just read through and saw a few others posted similar questions, ^_^ answers helped out quite a bit but still is wondering why it increases the file size almost 200mb when it is lowering the resolutions and possibly video quality to fit on a small screen XD)
  2. Adgum

Adgum New Member

lol

ha ha,, XD, again, after scaling the forums i found more help..

simply put. can anyone post the best "Custom Settings" for Videora, like, from clicking "New Profile". i cant test the vid's out on my ipod but the main concern is the increase in video size, just trying to find a way around it. either compressing it, keeping it same size as original or lower.
  3. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I get mixed results with Videora. I use the same settings every time, but movies come out scaled differentyl. I think it may have something to do with the original.

eg.. Family guy avi downloaded from ******* converted at highest settings, gives me nice full screen. But when I converted "Transformers" with the same settings, the black lines on the top and bottom were so large that the movie was only about 1 inch tall. I can't figure it out.
  4. Adgum

Adgum New Member

Yeah, atm im just doing the dvd video feature on the videora, ive done it all proper but when i convert the freshly ripped dvd's (i own them) it gets to 100% but just doesnt complete, it just continues, im trying to wait it out to see if it will finish, but so far, 30 mins past its completed time and no dice XD.

donno if i typed this out too well but yeah. XD. bassically things are going wrong. Ill just keep doing trial and error XD