vid converting question (not sure if belongs here?)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by backudog, Mar 27, 2009.

1. backudog

backudog New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but, Could someone post the best settings for movies (which are usually in 2;35 apect ratio) and tv progs (usually non widescreen but some are slightly) when using either xillisoft or ipodME to convert them?
    i want to keep the original aspect ratios of the movies and tv shows when watching on me ipod touch, not all zoomed in to fill the screen(i like having the black bars top and bottom of the screen) but am not sure what settings to use?
    xillisoft gives me these options:
    ipod touch mpeg-4
    ipod touch mpeg-4 480p
    ipod touch mpeg-4 extra
    ipod touch mpeg-4 widescreen
    ipod touch mpeg-4 320 x 240
    ipod touch mpeg-4 480 x 320
    which one will give me what i'm after?

ipodME gives 640 x 480
    480 x 320
    320 x 240
    i'd use slow, quality on ipod ME but which size? should i tick the fix aspect ratio box under more settings on ipodME?
    cheers in advance!
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Since you're just watching it on your iPod Touch 2G screen (I am assuming) just use Xvid4PSP and select the MP4 iPod Touch/iPhone default setting or use Handbrake and select the default iPod Touch/iPhone setting. Both are Free and have an awesome and easy to use Interface. And did I mention Free? No cracks and other bullcrap.
  3. backudog

backudog New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    thanks for the reply, i tried using handbrake, but after i chose the vid i wanted to convert, chose the setting etc, it starts doing its thing for all of about 3 seconds then says conversion complete when it hasn't done a damn thing lol! any ideas? i chose the default settings if that helps and didn't fiddle with anything else.