iOS 4.0 VFDecrypt Knowledge Request

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by holbikwolff10, Apr 11, 2010.

1. holbikwolff10

holbikwolff10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I want to enable multitasking on my iPod Touch 2G, which involves changing a variable in the plist files. As far as I know, you need to use VFDecrypt to access these files, but I don't really know how exactly to use it, nor whether or not the keys provided for the 4.0 beta will work for this.
    If anyone has any more knowledge about VFDecrypt and how to use it (I'm on a Mac, but posting how-to guides for Windows users will help too), please either make a thread and post the link here or just post it in this thread as a response. Also, I'm sure a brief description of how to actually change the variable would be helpful to some users too.
    PS: if anyone has an alternative way to access the plist files without using VFDecrypt - preferably one that works on the Mac

Please Register or Log in to view images

- PM me so I can edit this post.
  2. RyanTaylor

RyanTaylor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    28c909fc6d322fa18940f03279d70880e59a4507998347c70d5b8ca7ef090ecccc15e82d

Please try this.
  3. startrees

startrees Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    i WOULDN"T DO THAT! THere is normally a reason companys do things like that it could make all apps close and not work and second it WILL make your iPod super slow must likely or not work period
  4. Jas1222

Jas1222 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i can get past this bit I just cant get the damn .DMG to mount, its still worth a try if you can end a app thats been opened
  5. holbikwolff10

holbikwolff10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Not true... Gizmodo has confirmed that the iPod Touch 2G and iPhone 3G hardware fully support multitasking, and that the only reason they didn't unlock it is because it would require some knowledge of the fact that the device can only handle so much. This would frustrate almost all users, because the few of us who understand how much of a load we can put on a device is a lot less than the amount who don't.
  6. Tr33stan

Tr33stan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm trying to do the same as you, also have a mac and a ipt2g. Also cant mount .dmg i think the key is wrong because if i mount it without the space it finisches but the dmg is corrupt, if i try it with the space it just gives me an error. so im assuming we have to wait till a proper key gets found... im not sure if you need JB to restore the custom firmware
  7. holbikwolff10

holbikwolff10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    You don't, you just need to hold alt or option (Shift if you are on a PC) while you click "restore" and it will ask what file you want to use.
  8. hacker2021

hacker2021 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Herp de derp you need to be jailbroken to upload custom firmwares. Otherwise, the code wouldn't be signed when it's being run.

Use the the 24k exploit.
  9. Blunk

Blunk New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Same problem while mounting DMG after decrypt :S
    Bad key I think for iPod Touch 2G (iPod2,1)