Veteran Ipod user... quick questions....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xXRelapse09xX, Sep 7, 2009.

  1. xXRelapse09xX

    xXRelapse09xX New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2009
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    0
    Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys and gals I am new to this community, but have owned all sorts of Ipods since 2003. I love apple and am getting ready to purchase the 3G Itouch.

    Since today is monday 9/07/09 I am thinking about putting my 2g Itouch on ebay to help me financially. Should I list it today? I ask this because I use my ipod EVERY day and dont want to be without one for to long.

    Also: I want to try not to spend over 200 bucks on the 3G. Is it realistic to think that the cheapest model of the itouch 3G wont be over $200.00.

    Thanks so much!
  2. _JKK_

    _JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2009
    Messages:
    9,514
    Likes Received:
    1,366
    Device:
    iPhone 5S
    You should had of listed it a while ago, but YES! LIST IT NOW!!!

    Also, I'm guessing that it is realistic to think that the iPod touch 3G's cheapes model will be $200-$230 dollars.
  3. sprint_user

    sprint_user New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2008
    Messages:
    2,864
    Likes Received:
    1
    Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Try selling it ASAP. I told mine a month ago for $180 USD to one of my buds.
  4. kalpa11

    kalpa11 Member

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2008
    Messages:
    606
    Likes Received:
    0
    Device:
    iPod touch
    you should probably wait because even though they announce it that day they might not release it for a week but that wasn't the case for the last 2 years so you shouldn't worry about it.

    But if you can last without and ipod for a day or two then you might aswell sell it now because after they announce the 3g it'll be dam hard to sell your touchß
  5. sprint_user

    sprint_user New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2008
    Messages:
    2,864
    Likes Received:
    1
    Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I would rather sell it now, and more money back, than keep it for another week

    Please Register or Log in to view images

  6. macdude2

    macdude2 Member

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2009
    Messages:
    298
    Likes Received:
    2
    Are you going to do a 2 day auction? When the 3g comes out, no one will buy a 2g. The only problem with doing a 2 day auction is you will not get as much as a seven day. You might just keep it. You would be able to add it to your collection.
  7. xXRelapse09xX

    xXRelapse09xX New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2009
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    0
    Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for the replies!

    Do you guys think I should factory restore it before selling, OR sell it hacked like it is now.
  8. TooGoodAtCOD4

    TooGoodAtCOD4 New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2009
    Messages:
    191
    Likes Received:
    0
    Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I would sell it and do the shortest auction offered. I did a 3 day a week ago and sold my on eBay. My vote: Yes sell it, now. You will get attention for it, ppl search for auctions ending the soonest not the ones that have been on there the longest.

    I sold my factory restored after I jailbroke it. Probably a good idea, the average person doesn't know too much about jailbreaking and thinks it some mysterious thing that will permanently f up your ipt. Idk though, that's your call.
  9. xXRelapse09xX

    xXRelapse09xX New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2009
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    0
    Device:
    2G iPod touch
    UGGH im restoring it as I type this lol. I decided Im going to sell it restored, and put it up as a 5 day auction on Ebay. I figure I'd make it a 5 day auction so it end's on a Friday. Untill Friday, I will be using my Creative Zen V plus, lol it is from 2005.

    The Itouch 3G will have the 3.0 update built in, right?
  10. ipodtouchpwns

    ipodtouchpwns New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2008
    Messages:
    444
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yeah, it'll have 3.0 on it.

    I would DEFINITELY NOT list it as a 5 day, as the 3rd gen will have come out and people will cancel their bids.

Share This Page