Veteran Ipod user... quick questions....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xXRelapse09xX, Sep 7, 2009.

1. xXRelapse09xX

xXRelapse09xX New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys and gals I am new to this community, but have owned all sorts of Ipods since 2003. I love apple and am getting ready to purchase the 3G Itouch.

Since today is monday 9/07/09 I am thinking about putting my 2g Itouch on ebay to help me financially. Should I list it today? I ask this because I use my ipod EVERY day and dont want to be without one for to long.

Also: I want to try not to spend over 200 bucks on the 3G. Is it realistic to think that the cheapest model of the itouch 3G wont be over $200.00.

Thanks so much!
  2. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    You should had of listed it a while ago, but YES! LIST IT NOW!!!

Also, I'm guessing that it is realistic to think that the iPod touch 3G's cheapes model will be $200-$230 dollars.
  3. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Try selling it ASAP. I told mine a month ago for $180 USD to one of my buds.
  4. kalpa11

kalpa11 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you should probably wait because even though they announce it that day they might not release it for a week but that wasn't the case for the last 2 years so you shouldn't worry about it.

But if you can last without and ipod for a day or two then you might aswell sell it now because after they announce the 3g it'll be dam hard to sell your touchß
  5. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I would rather sell it now, and more money back, than keep it for another week

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. macdude2

macdude2 Member

Are you going to do a 2 day auction? When the 3g comes out, no one will buy a 2g. The only problem with doing a 2 day auction is you will not get as much as a seven day. You might just keep it. You would be able to add it to your collection.
  7. xXRelapse09xX

xXRelapse09xX New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for the replies!

Do you guys think I should factory restore it before selling, OR sell it hacked like it is now.
  8. TooGoodAtCOD4

TooGoodAtCOD4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I would sell it and do the shortest auction offered. I did a 3 day a week ago and sold my on eBay. My vote: Yes sell it, now. You will get attention for it, ppl search for auctions ending the soonest not the ones that have been on there the longest.

I sold my factory restored after I jailbroke it. Probably a good idea, the average person doesn't know too much about jailbreaking and thinks it some mysterious thing that will permanently f up your ipt. Idk though, that's your call.
  9. xXRelapse09xX

xXRelapse09xX New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    UGGH im restoring it as I type this lol. I decided Im going to sell it restored, and put it up as a 5 day auction on Ebay. I figure I'd make it a 5 day auction so it end's on a Friday. Untill Friday, I will be using my Creative Zen V plus, lol it is from 2005.

The Itouch 3G will have the 3.0 update built in, right?
  10. ipodtouchpwns

ipodtouchpwns New Member

Yeah, it'll have 3.0 on it.

I would DEFINITELY NOT list it as a 5 day, as the 3rd gen will have come out and people will cancel their bids.