Very weird problem with emulators...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Lodmot347, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Lodmot347

Lodmot347 New Member

I'm having this strange problem on my iPod touch 16GB, which is using the 1.1.4 firmware and was jailbroken with ZiPhone. I am trying to play Sega Genesis games and NES games with the emulator, and I've made the folder path "var/mobile/Media/ROMs/ (game system folder)" correctly-- EXACTLY the way they told me to do it. However, the emulators somehow can't find the roms even now. Does anyone know what the problem is, or is there anyone out there who ran into this situation also? Thanks!!

EDIT: It also may be worth mentioning that when I jailbroke my iPod with ziphone, it didn't create the var folder automatically; I had to actually create new var/root/Media folders. Can that have anything to do with it?
  2. georgie

georgie New Member

did you download a BIOS file

i dont know what it does but you need one to get it to work

and are the games the right file type
    not a .zip

and no, if you create the folder manually, i think it is fine
  3. Lodmot347

Lodmot347 New Member

I got the bios file, but now I can't find anything on what I should name it as or where it needs to go. Can't go into the folder where the emulator app is because iPhoneBrowser doesn't see that folder. Also I just tried putting the bios into the GENESIS roms folder and it didn't work either.

The games have to be the right file type... I have 1 smd rom and 1 bin rom, and SMD and BIN are the only Sega Genesis rom formats I believe exist.
  4. georgie

georgie New Member

Yeah, it goes in the .app folder

In finder, there is a setting called "application launch" or something like that

Turn that off

I don't know what iphonebrowser is, or if mobilefinder works on iPhone, but install mobilefinder
  5. Lodmot347

Lodmot347 New Member

Nope, still didn't work. Apparently there's 2 different applications folders but it will only go into 1 of them, and that didn't fix the problem. But on the other hand, I would think the emulator could find the rom files without needing the bios, right?
  6. georgie

georgie New Member

Well, sorry but I'm out of ideas

You are probably right, ziphone probably did something weird(ive never used it)

I have never heard of 2 application foldrs

Hold on, do you have AIM

Aim: h0ll1ngsw0rth
  7. Lodmot347

Lodmot347 New Member

Yes I do. My screen name is Lodmot347
  8. georgie

georgie New Member

Okay, you have to add me, im on my iPod and can't add freinds
  9. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Ok, first off the bios won't make a difference on whether or not the Roms are found. Now something is very wrong if you didn't have a var directory. The ROMs go in the /private/var/mobile/Media/ROMs/"NES or whatever emulator"
  10. Lodmot347

Lodmot347 New Member

Aha! I fixed it. It turns out that iPhoneBrowser wasn't detecting those hidden folders BEHIND the root folder. Another words, I made another var folder INSIDE the var folder I was supposed to be using. It showed up in MobileBrowser, that's how I was able to see it.