Very weird glitch after upgrading to 3.0, PLEASE HELP.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MJ Styles, Jul 21, 2009.

1. MJ Styles

MJ Styles New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Hey guys.

This morning, I upgraded my firmware on my ipod touch 1g from 2.2.1 to 3.0 It was jailbroken, but that didn't matter. I updated my firmware (not the free version, I paid £6 through itunes), so I got 3.0. Shortly after upgrading, I jailbroke my ipod using redsn0w and it worked successfully from what I saw.

However, there's a very weird glitch in my media players. The volume scrubber doesnt show :/. I took some pictures (sorry, I had to use my webcam for this):

Please Register or Log in to view images

As you can see, it shows the pause/rewind/forward buttons and the song info, but there is no volume scrubber.

In the actual music player, it shows the buttons but doesnt show the volume scrubber.

This was pretty damn weird, it just said "dock connector" instead of the volume bar.

This is from a video being played, no volume scrubber here either :/

Could someone help me? I know I correctly installed the firmware and jailbroke it as it was supposed to, but i really don't know why it's doing this. I'm going on holiday tomorrow so I really need to know quickly, if possible. Thank you.

Edit - Tried putting it back into 3.0 factory condition, then restoring it from a backup, but nothing. Still exactly the same problem. :/
  2. ben

ben Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The volume scrubber disappears when you plug it into a dock-connector set of speakers such as iHome. While its playing, try plugging it into an iHome or similar set of speakers, pause the music, and unplug. See if it does anything.
  3. green_link

green_link New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    it disappears when you don't have headphones in it. it's some stupid ass modification they implemented into 3.0. try plugging some headphones into it. mine does this too.
  4. holbikwolff10

holbikwolff10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Just a little bug, happened to me too. Reboot the iPod and it will be back to normal.0.....