Very Very Strange Issue!!

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by theshredaholic, Apr 18, 2008.

1. theshredaholic

theshredaholic New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok, so i'm all set to use winpwn,
    i'm using iTunes 7.6,
    i plugged in the iPod (1.1.4), fired up winPwn, iPwnd it, made my custom firmware, and then tried restoring with iTunes when i get this error message.

"The iPod could not be restored. An unknown error has occured (1604)."

This throws my iPod into recovery mode.
    Strange thing is that the error 1604 is one which was an issue with iTunes 7.4 and lower where it wouldnt update 1.1.3 or 1.1.4.

Now i'm using the same firmware through out and i dont think i'm doing anything wrong but it still doesnt work!!!

any ideas??
    btw, winPwn, if it works, completely ROCKS!!!!
    but still, please help!!
  2. kyleshelton01

kyleshelton01 New Member

Quote from http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=36686

Error 1603/1604 - 160? something

IF YOU ARE RESTORING TO A STANDARD APPLE FIRMWARE *NOT CUSTOM FIRMWARE"

This error is down to itunes not liking your USB ports on your computer. Use a different USB slot or a different computer if possible. That is the easiest fix!

IF YOU ARE RESTORING TO A CUSTOM FIRMWARE AFTER RESTORING FROM STANDARD APPLE FIRMWARE

IF you have pwned your phone once and then restored back to apple original firmware successfully and THEN tried to restore custom firmware you WILL get
    an error in iTunes as the apple firmware "unpawned" your phone. You have to repwn it using iPwner and then you can restore using custom firmware.

IF YOU ARE RESTORING TO CUSTOM FIRMWARE AND YOUR PHONE IS STILL PWNED

See "if your restoring to apple firmware" above as it is the same issue.
  3. xxstevonzyxx

xxstevonzyxx New Member

i'm hoping you chose the correct firmware because there shouldn't be any flaws whatsoever if you pwned your iPod and then restore with your new custom firmware you made.

error 1604 also occurs whenever you didn't pwn your iPod and then try restoring it with the custom firmware you made.
  4. theshredaholic

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks for ur help guys,
    OK.. I PUT IT INTO RECOVERY MODE AND PWND (WITH THE ItUNES dLLS IN THE WINPWN FOLDER)
    and now.. it all seemed to go very well... iPwn was successful (iThink) and the restoring went a lot futher than it had gone before. but at the end i got the same error, only this time it was error code 6.
    and also, i'm still getting :
    4/19/2008 12:02:41 PM - Lib USB not available.

plz help me, what do i do
  5. groptard

groptard New Member

i had this same problem. i got worried, but then i remembered; "hey, my ipods NEVER been bricked or anything before despite months of hacking, so why should that change now?"

i went to sleep and today after school i tried it again and its all good. i suggest the same.
  6. HotBrownies

HotBrownies New Member

you should try repwning it, cus you might not have fully pwned it. for me when it stopped it wouldn't go into recoverymode, then i repwned it and it just picked up from where it left off and its fine now
  7. theshredaholic

Device:
    iPod touch
    though i think the basic problem with mine is the
    Lib USB not available.

any fix for this??
  8. Mavinnowhere

Mavinnowhere New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    maybe Ipsw builder did not finish with building the firmware?
    what happened to me was I thought it was done so I exited out of winpwn and tried to restore in Itunes, I got that error so went back to Winpwn and did Ipsw builder, Waited till it actually told me it was done then restored to custom firmware
  9. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    when u get that libusb not available in winpwn that normal i read about it somewhere i think that has to do with ibooter since he dissabled it that not working to but the actuall pwn process works

Please Register or Log in to view images

now the itunes error 6 mean it does not like ur boot images they have to be same size as ne wallpaper and gas to be under 100kb hope this helps

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. TheKiller08

TheKiller08 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you read the tutorial you would find out you need to PWN your iPod first.

Click the button that says iPwner.

If you get errors, or it crashes download these dlls and extract them to C:\Program Files\cmw\Winpwn

http://www.[PIRACY.mu].com/?d=VZBVAKLP