Very, Very Simple Programming / Scripting App

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Avisax, May 31, 2010.

1. Avisax

Avisax New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am an avid programmer, and will soon be going to a boarding school where laptops are not allowed for the class I am in. The only sophisticated device I have is my iPod touch 2G 8GB, which I will soon be loading Wikipedia on.

However, I would like to continue programming when I get to boarding school. I just can't use any text app, because the placement of very important characters like: "*", "+", "tags (cant post html)", "+", etc. are all too clumsy and confusing. So... I was wondering if there was app as simple as this:
    There is a large white space to type your data, and there are buttons on the top of the screen, labeled "{", "}".... When you click them, that character is added to the data in the large textbox. You can then save your work to another simple list. The list just contains your previous saves in a format like Winterboard's themes. Nothing fancy at all.
    I'm never come across that app before, so I was wondering if anyone, could, um... create it? iPhone SDK or Flash CS5 beta? I really don't think it would be too hard to do, as it seems very, very simple.
    If anyone has a reply, I would be happy to listen. Also, if you need a digital illustration, I'm here too!
    Thanks!
  2. Communati0n

Communati0n New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    do u just want a text editor to write ur apps on, or do u want to actually compile ur apps. the first one may work, the second one won't. i havent tried this, but can u just download skins for a text editor or something?
  3. Avisax

Avisax New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just a text editor and saver. The saver isn't even extremely crucial because I can just save it on another note app.
  4. User Name

User Name Active Member

So, i think missed it, but why cant you use Notes?
  5. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I programmed some java on notes and how on earth do i save it to the computer???? A programming script is nice but I found a text editing app on cydia. GO look in categories.
  6. Avisax

Avisax New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I cannot use just any noets app because there are special common characters that take, like, two seconds to access on the keyboard. So, every three seconds, I would have to find the "{" key then the
    "}" key, then the "%", all kinds of uncommon characters. It makes programming extremely clumsy.
  7. Communati0n

Communati0n New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    seriously, if ur that addicted to programming, i think u can be bothered to press the one button to use those special keys
  8. Avisax

Avisax New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    One, I am not addicted to programming - I am an avid programmer.
    Two, have you ever tried programming with the standard keyboard, kaishuoy? I think you would also find it too time consuming, difficult and annoying.
  9. Communati0n

Communati0n New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    that's why i dont try to programme on an ipod
  10. whcodered

whcodered Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    With iKeyEx 3 you can edit the special keyboard keys. You can use something like the 5 row qwerty keyboard that has the top numeric/symbol row, and edit the symbol row to the symbols you like.